Home Insurance Companies We Represent
At Dietz & Bluett we will shop our providers for you to make sure you have the best coverage for the best possible price. It doesn’t cost you one penny extra to have you own personal insurance expert so request a quote, and we will get to work right away!
Home Insurance 101
Glossary of Basic Terms
- Appraisal – A professional evaluation of the value of a property or the cost of repairs to damaged property.
- Claim – A request by a policyholder to have an insurance provider cover the cost of damages to his or her property.
- Deductible – Your deductible is the amount of money you agree to pay toward the cost of repairs to your property.
- Inflation Protection – Inflation protection automatically adjusts your policy to account for changes in the cost to repair damages.
- Liability Coverage – Your liability coverage protects you from damages that you are responsible for.
- Premium – Your premium is the amount of money the insurance company charges in insure your property.
- Replacement Cost Coverage – Replacement cost coverage pays for the cost to replace property without factoring in depreciation.
Pennsylvania Home Insurance
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average annual cost of homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania is $744 (last updated for 2011). The law dose not require that you have home insurance in Pennsylvania, but most mortgage lenders will require you to purchase a policy as a condition of your mortgage agreement.
Maryland Home Insurance
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average annual cost of homeowners insurance in Maryland is $800 (last updated for 2011). The law does not require that you have home insurance in Maryland, but most mortgage lenders will require you to purchase a policy as a condition of you mortgage agreement.
- DBI Research Center: Home Insurance
- Pennsylvania Insurance Department: Homeowners Insurance
- Maryland Insurance Administration: Homeowners Insurance
- Insurance Information Institute: Home Insurance Report
Dietz & Bluett Insurance, Your Home Insurance Professionals
Whether you are caught off guard by a storm or a lawsuit, thinking after the fact about what you should have done before the event is for the unprepared. The proactive person is always ready! Remember, we are just one terrible event away from having to start all over, or worse!
At Dietz and Bluett we have protected the residents of Pennsylvania and Maryland since 2005. We know property insurance. We also understand that what would take you 100 years to pay on an annual homeowners insurance policy, you could be liable for in a five second tragedy.
Complete the Quote request form today and let the professionals at Dietz and Bluett Insurance provide you a competitive property insurance quote and protect you from an unforeseen terrible event!
Homeowners Insurance Companies We Work With:
- Allied Insurance: a Nationwide Insurance company
- Donegal Insurance Group
- Farmers Insurance
- Foremost Insurance Group
- Frederick Mutual Insurance Company
- The Main Street America Group
- Safeco Insurance: a Liberty Mutual company
- State Auto Insurance Companies
- The Farmers Fire Insurance Company